CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pumpkins on the horizon

Hello all. I am semi back. Sorry for being MIA- I got distracted. Truth be told, I am still distracted. I've been dating a very amazing person named Rachel Teh. She's really awesome, and I find myself spending more time with her, which has resulted in the MIA blog style. So new updates in my life: Rachel. I dominated my last classes for summer semester (Linear Algebra and Anatomy). I am an ANATOMY TA! Not only that but I get to teach my own section. It's going to be awesome. I now live and work in Provo. My work is slow and so I do homework or cruise on the internet, which I am currently doing. I live on condo row, which is just south of campus. I am currently scrubbing and disinfecting the place since Nan has moved out due to marriage. Currently, Rachel is visiting her sister in Georgia; hence, I now have time to blog. Ha ha. Ok on to my blog topic- Pumpkins.

My love of pumpkin carving came when I was a Senior in High School. I wanted the AP art students to do a pumpkin carving contest. Well, no one wanted to do it, so I just did it anyways. All of a sudden it became the PASSION OF THE CENTURY! There is still about a month and a half until Pumpkin Season (notice how I don’t say fall or Halloween); however, I am now searching for my next portrait or subject. Any suggestions? Here are some of my pumpkins from the past…
I carved a pumpkin for my mom's b-day.


On my mission I carved Joseph Smith- it was okay but I only had very limited time because I only did it on 1 p-day. I've also done a lion.

Any suggestions? Just let me know... I am always up for a new idea.

3 comments:

Lianne said...

I remember your pumpkins! It's too bad that I didn't get married in the fall, or else I would have had you do them for my wedding! Sounds like you've been busy. I think you need to post a picture of Rachel! :)

Katie and joe said...

i love your pumpkins! ahhhh you can do one for me! :) and yes i am waaaayyyyy preggo! that is NOT something that i would joke about!

Anonymous said...

hey, this is rachel's sister! (she showed me your blog) i photographed her a little this weekend so i will have to sneak you some for your blog. :)