CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Working Saturday

I am currently working for the second Saturday in a row.... yep it bites, but if i was at home i would just be watching the Food Network Channel anyways... this way i actually get money

On my way home last night, i had an epitome. The best people to work long hours are single guys that live alone or with their parents... I mean let's look at the evidence-

Subject 1 me- no girlfriend, no friends near by, live at my parents--> so i don't mind working overtime or on Saturdays cuz i really wouldn't be doing anything anyways.

Subject 2 Uncle Pete- he's separated from Aunt Melanie, has no real expenses, lives by himself
--> what do we see... overtime working and on weekends. He gets home later than i do and leaves earlier. Point taken (Sorry uncle pete :D)

I'm realizing that making money isn't all cracked up to what I thought it would be. I mean heck- i get paid a bunch and have way cushey benefits, but i have nothing to spend it on... I guess when i get married (in like 4 years) I'll be happy to share it with someone and buy things together. But until then- I'm content working a Saturday.

2 comments:

Elisa said...

oh Jarom, you know that I'm always willing to hang out with you...Let's plan for some time soon!

ahollandetc said...

ha! you better not let uncle pete see this! your dating life (when you get one! ha jk...kinda) will benefit too esp at BYU. then you won't be a typical cheap date. so just keep working and saving your face off and then who knows maybe you can propose with a ring and a house! ha!

glad you posted! so excited to see updates! love you!