CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Unwritten Rules of Blogging until now

Dear Reader,

As many know, I am trying to beef up my entourage of readers and commenters. This blog is designated to you, who has not much blogging experience. This by no means makes me an expert, but there are some unwritten rules which perpetuate the world of blog.

Rule 1: IF YOU READ, YOU COMMENT!

My sister and I agree on this rule. It is nice to have comments regardless from whom it is given. We write to be read, and commenting allows us to know we are heard. Now you ask what do i comment?

Rule 2: A SMALL COMMENT IS WORTH MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE

A comment takes less than 3 minutes to do. We are not asking for a novel, but a small thought about the latest blog or possibly a comment about something related.

Rule 3: CONSISTENCY PLEASE

A consistent commenter allows the blogger to create a better relationship with the commenter, and the commenter also learns a different side of the blogger. I must admit that I think my sister and I have gotten closer through blogging.

Rule 4: IT DOESNT MATTER IF YOU DONT HAVE A BLOG- JUST LEAVE A COMMENT

Blogging is semigeeky- so i don't blame anyone who doesn't want to dive into the world of blogs. However, it is fun to express your ideas and thoughts. Just leave a comment and say who you are :D



There's just a couple unwritten rules-

I love Comments!!


PS> I will be blogging more consistently and will probably steal an idea from my sister and have consistently themed blog posts.

5 comments:

Lianne said...

So I looked at one of your blogs. But the other one is apparently for readers only... Oh well, I guess the first one was good. :)

Katie and joe said...

okay. i commented. now comment back!

thanks for the rules. i pretty much agree with them.

ahollandetc said...

as i am the allegedly sister to refer to in this post, you already know that i agree with the rules. but i think you are a geek for posting them! comment this!

morekindness said...

Oh brother! I totally agreed with Alisa!

Anonymous said...

I would feel bad if I didn't comment after reading this. So I guess I'll leave a comment. I agree with your unwritten rules. I wish my "Subscribers" were as in-the-zone as you are, my friend. I write my Newsletter every week and seldom get feedback, with several exceptions. So... I may have to integrate you somehow...