CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Weekend with Yacob

I thoroughly enjoyed this past weekend, which I spent nearly the whole time with my brother Jacob. He’s 14, taller than me, and is becoming progressively cooler in my eyes. This weekend, I took Jake and 3 of his friend to their first concert. It started at 5:30 at the U, and we got tickets for free via our cousins. The bands included Augustana, HelloGoodBye, and Shiny Toy Guns- it was way fun. Highlights- During HelloGoodBye, I looked at friend to help me hoist Jake up to crowd surf. As we did, he was like “no, no!” He was super panicky. He was holding some free cds he got, and as he traveled towards the stage people tried and failed to grab his cds. Ha ha he had an awesome time. Here's a pic c/o my cousin's facebook- in the right there is someone crowd surfing. Later when he came back to the crowd, a circle started forming around him, which resulted in a GIANT MOSH! It took him a few seconds to get what was going on- then bolted out of there. I let Jake and his friends mosh for a bit- but then it started getting pretty bad, and I grounded them from going in the main crowd. On Saturday, we had the awesome time at the MS walk! He and I raised a total of $700 together; it was awesome. We decided to run the whole 5k and ended up getting 5th and 6th! Funny thing is that on the last ¼ mile I told Jake to just run and get first. He then was stopped at a stop light and I caught up. Then he went ahead again- well he didn’t know where to go and tried to go through an entrance by Dick’s in the Gateway. Well the cop told him where to go. I on the other hand was already told by cop where to go. As I turned at the correct entrance, I heard Jacob scream “Jarom!!!!” he was running as fast as he could to catch me. I laughed and sprinted to the end- but Jake still managed to keep up. Here's video of us running. In it Jacob is imitating the night before ha! Thanks for the fun weekend Yake!

2 comments:

morekindness said...

Now you cannot say... You never look at my blog! And as for sending your brother sulfing the crowd....You're grounded!

ahollandetc said...

yay yacob and yarom!