CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Politics

A Letter to the upcoming Incumbent President, Mr. Barack Obama:


Dear Mr. Obama,

Throughout this election season, I have been fickle, wishy washy, and indecisive. I was a staunch Hillary supporter, and unfortunately you ran a better campaign. However, negative this sounds- all I really want to say is congratulations.

I did believe in your movement to unite the country. From the beginning, I've told people that I did not support you, but that you would be able to unite the country after the Bush administration. It seems like you have done that... with the election results as well as they went, it seems like you have the approval of the country. You achieved more than 325 electoral college votes! That is amazing. No one has done that since Lindon Johnson.

Now, I am worried and question myself of what kind of president will you be. Do you intend to truly unite the country? Do you still have the correct motives for the good of the country or will your party hit us with controversial policies with your party control of the presidency, the senate, and the house? What will you do Mr. Obama, what will you do. I am worried about your policy of Change. However vague, it can be effective in certain ways. Mr. Obama I wish that the country will unite through change of its mentality, through the healing of the difficult finances, through the healing of the world in foreign policy and war plans, and a revolution in reuseable energy. But can you do it? Will you lean to the left like your old politics or will you return back tot eh middle like during the nomination? Will you unite the country in the middle or create a revolution moving toward the left? I hope you continue your position in the conservative/liberal scale that you adopted in the last 9 months will continue. Stay in the middle so that you can change the country for the better. Work on its problems and you will unite the people. You have been elected as a President of the people. Now do what is right for the people. Lead them toward a better tomorrow and you will leave a legacy of greatness.

Unite the country, bring change for the better, but do what is right for the people. Yes you can! So do it!

- Jarom

6 comments:

Lianne said...

Very nice letter! It will definitely be interesting to see where the country goes in the next 4 years. Hopefully it will be for the better! We'll see...

Britt said...

Um...frankly I'm so sick of politics I could throw up! But putting that aside for a second, I wanna say that it was a little refreshing to hear about unity because all I have seen lately is the opposite. Jarom, Nicely done! I congratulate you!

Anonymous said...

Nice letter, one can only hope. But seriously, in my opinion, all our new president wants to do is change our country completely. How could we as a country vote in someone who was not even born in our country (legally not eligible to run), who does not salute our country's flag but instead watches it burn, who will not recite our pledge of allegiance, who has said that if elected he would like to change our national anthem and flag to something that we stand for. Excuse me? Do we no longer stand for freedom and everything our forefathers fought for? What a great leader we have elected with our freedom (which if he has his way will be coming to an end). And with his freedom he will run our country into the ground. Bring on the awesomeness!!!

Tanner Mills said...

hillary > obama

Laura Bain said...

Jarom I like your blog! I hope I didn't leave a bad taste in your mouth tonight... I'm excited about Saturday!

Laura

curtis said...

I made the facebook cut. but mainly just leaving my mark on your blog as proof that I was here.